Friday, April 27, 2012

Red Beret


It is finally spring and the leaves are appearing on trees and the tulips are blooming. Time to infuse the wardrobe with a splash of color. I knitted this red beret from the book A Stitch in Time, Vintage knitting patterns 1930-1959 Vol 2. The beret was a easy knit although I will have to warn everyone out there, use a 100% wool yarn. Some wool blend yarns will stretch and you will end up with a huge hat.  The book "A Stitch in Time Vol 2"  is wonderfully put together and gives patterns in the updated version along with the original.  I have my eye on a few of the sweaters in this book. One day soon, I will pick up the knitting needles and cast on one of those excellent vintage creations, but for now I am enjoying the tulips with a pretty new hat perched on my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment